Content marketing and content strategy, are what differentiate a brand from brands, are what attracts customer's interest and engagement thereby leading to the formation and preservation of long lasting networks between brands and the customers.
Merely publishing content that we thing it may be interested enough, is not the right or proper thing. The basic idea, is to formulate processes that will help you to consistently publishing material that are in a position to engage your customer's audience.
Not all the companies or even brands have the possibility to do so, as this depends on several aspects like organization's commitment in social media strategy, marketing budgets and overall mentality.
However, there are basic steps and ideas that can help you to improve your performance and business results using the social web.
- Instead of (aimlessly) publishing on Twitter, try to link with your potential audience by paying more attention to your customers. Look for conversations, analyse and measure them and then take action in them.
- Set up your fan page as a place to get test samples, special offers, peripheral services that are only carried out on this platform. Ask your customers to engage themselves by publishing their photos or experiences with your product / brand.
- Focus your Facebook Ads budget on achieving leads to your end point of sale (website or online store).
- Exploit visual contests in Vine / Instagram / Facebook thereby proving attractive incentives.
- Take advantage of the LinkedIn platform to build contacts that strengthen your company's reputation and brand awareness.
- Use Google+ to create communities and hang-outs with people you have common interests and share with them.
- Periodically, create a video with your company / brand achievement and try to engage customers to participate on it.
- Work analytically on your content marketing strategy