Here are 14 statistics from HubSpot, which emphatically illustrate the importance of email nurturing and why your company needs to master it:
2. 12% use separate work and personal email inboxes.
3. Over 50% say they read “most of” their emails.
4. “Secrets” is the most clicked lead nurturing subject line word.
5. “Posts” and “Jobs” are the most clicked subject line words.
6. Click-through rate (CTR) is higher when using the recipient’s first name in the subject line over no use of a first name.
7. CTR is higher when using the recipient’s company name in the subject line over no company mention.
8. 88% prefer to receive HTML emails, while 12% prefer plain text from companies.
9. 65% prefer emails that contain mostly images, while 35% prefer mostly text.
10. Your most recent subscribers are the most likely to click through.
11. Saturday has the highest CTR at over 9%, while Sunday is second with just under 9%.
12. 6 am has the highest CTR of any hour.
13. Most unsubscriptions happen on Tuesdays with a 0.52% unsubscribe rate.
14. Clicks by button text: “Click Here” gets the highest % of clicks over “Go” and “Submit.”