A New Video Clip with Fascinating Social Media Stats
- Most brands, by now, recognize the power of social media and understand it's not just a passing fad. In fact, if Facebook were a country, it would have the third-highest population, behind China and India.
- More people these days own a mobile device than a toothbrush.
- While brands seek out their "Oreo"-moment with real-time marketing messages, they're now looking beyond just Facebook and Twitter.
- With the rise of Vine, companies are using the platform to promote their own products instead of relying a 30-second commercial spot, which makes sense considering the average human attention span is 7 seconds (just one second less than a goldfish).
- Did you know 20% of the terms typed into Google have never been searched for before?
Initially posted in Mashable