Google aims to rank such content high in their search results.
If you want your content to get ranked highly, follow these guidelines, which were informed by the Google Webmaster Central Blog.
2. Your content should display thought leadership and genuine interest and passion about subject matter.
3. Content should be free of spelling errors, typos, grammatical problems and editing oversights.
4. Content should be original and avoid redundant articles on the same topics with only slightly different keyword variations.
5. Content should not only be created with SEO in mind; the style and substance of content must appeal to reader interest.
6. Your content should cover important industry trends and news and not merely push your own products or services.
7. Your content should aim to provide better value than other pages in related search results.
8. Content should be objective and present various viewpoints.
9. Your blog content will be more highly ranked, if your blog is able to gain recognition as a trusted authority on covered topics.
10. Content should be comprehensive and broad, while also providing thoughtful and in-depth analysis.
11. If readers find your content so valuable that they bookmark and share it with their contacts, it will improve your SEO.
12. Your website and blog should not be so jam-packed with ads that they distract visitors from focusing on your content.