7 Important Social Media Demographics Data
Social media have expanded to every single corner round the earth, serving various reasons from pure entertainment to product presentations and exchange of info, data and other entertainment materials.
So some questions. Which age groups are using social media, what countries are big Facebook users and what percentage are using mobile to access social media?
The Who and the Where of Social Media Users
- 72% of all internet users are now active on social media
- 18-29 year olds have an 89% usage
- The 30-49 bracket sits at 72%
- 60 percent of 50 to 60 year olds are active on social media
- In the 65 plus bracket, 43% are using social media
- Time spent per hour on Facebook by country. Here are the top three. USA citizens get the top gong at 16% followed by the Aussies at 14 minutes and the Brits at 13 minutes.
- 71% of users access social media from a mobile device.