Consumers Favor Small Businesses Because of Their Customer Focus
Factors that US Consumers Consider of High Importance When Choosing a Small Business:
- 86% Customer service, customer-focused
- 84% Personal, intimate, human, face-to-face
- 84% Knows customers and their needs
- 84% Easy to do business with
- 83% Local, close-by, convenient
- 83% Has a website, uses Social Media
- 82% Reliable, consistent, there when you need them
- 81% Owner-operated, committed, accountable
The factor that US consumers considered the most important when choosing small businesses over other types of businesses was customer service (86% of respondents).
Personalized and intimate experiences as well as small businesses’ understanding of customers’ needs were also popular, each cited by 84%.